We know that a lot of our posts are geared toward all of you ladies out there, but the truth is it is just as important for men to be making the switch to green health & beauty products as well. Cancer is cancer, no matter what your gender is, cancer does not discriminate. In the United States 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. That is a a terrifyingly high statistic. And while we may not have a cure for cancer yet there are things that we can do to help prevent cancer. Such as not using products (like deodorant, body wash, shampoos, face wash, etc) that contain harmful Parabens and carcinogens - ingredients that have been proven to cause cancer. There are better options out there, products that are just as good - if not better- that don't contain ingredients that are harmful.
Men are highly at risk of developing Prostate and/or Testicular Cancer.
Prostate Cancer Facts
- Prostate cancer is the 2nd most common cancer in men in the United States
- In 2014, more than 233,000 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer
- 1 in 7 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
- 1 in 36 men will die from prostate cancer (about 29,480 men) accounting for about 22% of all male deaths from cancer
- Risk of being diagnosed with prostate cancer increases with age
Testicular Cancer Facts
- Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in young men aged 15 - 35 years
- About 8,820 new cases of testicular cancer are diagnosed in men each year
- About 380 men will die of testicular cancer
- Testicular cancer is generally rare in non-Caucasian populations worldwide
- The five-year relative survival rate for men in the United States with localized testicular cancer is 99%
Ladies, you can do your part to help the men in your lives too! Encourage your men to ditch their toxic products in favor of cleaner ones. Help give them a fighting a chance at beating the odds. Shop our collection of clean mens products in store or online and head to us.movember.com to find out more about what you can do to join the movement for mens health.