No Shave November
As the month of November rolls on you may start to notice your surroundings getting a bit more hairy, literally. In a little over a decade the month of November has slowly turned in to the month where men let their facial hair run free, otherwise known as "No Shave November", or "Movember" for those focused solely on growing some sweet upper lip hair. As ladies, we keep our facial and body hair to an absolute minimum, so we can somewhat understand the appeal of not having to deal with the daily (or every other day) hassle of shaving. But also, as a ladies, we strongly believe cutting out hassle doesn't give you a free pass to look sloppy, even if it is for a good cause (more on that later).
At Enkel we carry several products to help aid in the grooming of men's facial hair, whether you're participating in one of these month long challenges or not you probably need these!
The following products are all from Weston & Lawrence, a Canadian brand focused entirely on men's products. All products are biodegradable, organic or derived from sustainably wild-harvested sources. Nothing fake, nothing toxic, and never tested on animals.
100% Vegan Beard Oil curated from sustainably harvested plant botanicals. Notes of cedar, citrus and sandlewood. Conditions and moisturizes to promote a controlled healthy beard. Made in Toronto for the Weston and Lawrence Company.
100% Vegan Beard Balm curated from the highest quality sustainably harvested plant botanicals. Provides the hold and support to keep all beard types controlled and finessed while maintaining a natural look.
And if you're participating in Movember and need to keep all other facial hair in check, or you've completed your month long No Shave November:
100% Vegan shave oil curated from sustainably harvested botanicals. Eucalyptus and lavender notes. Protects skin for a closer shave and replenishes moisture.
Don't forget, this is a month long challenge so obviously there is a purpose and rules. It is no secret that women outlive men by, on average, 6 years. These challenges are made to help raise awareness for men's health. Here are the rules:
No Shave November:
- Grow an entire beard and when the month of November comes to a close you shave it into a unique mustache.
- No-Shave November has the main goal of raising men's health issues awareness through embracing hair, which many cancer patients lose, so let it grow wild and free!
- If you get supporters or want to help with a charitable cause then the No Shave November website suggests men and women participating donate money they usually spend on shaving supplies to some kind of cancer related cause.
- Shave clean starting today, November 1st.
- For the entire month of November, "Mo Bros" must grow and groom a moustache.
- Mustaches must be clearly defined -- can't join with your sideburns
- This means no beards or handle bars, guys. Strictly 'stache.
- Finally (&our personal favorite), be a gentleman at all times during the Movember month.
Each challenge is linked to a noteworthy chairty by the same name. No Shave November focuses primarily on cancer research and prevention, while Movember focuses on a variety of men's health issues, including prostate cancer, testicular cancer, poor mental health, and physical inactivity.
If you want to know more about these charities or how you can get involved head to their websites: