Why Face Oil Rocks part 2
If you read yesterdays post then you know all about the benefits of adding a facial oil to your daily routine. So, today we wanted to talk to you about Rose Geranium oil, why it's awesome, our favorite one and the company who makes it.
If you read the No More Dirty Looks website than you may remember their article "5 Things To Love About Rose Geranium Oil", but for those of you who don't here is a to the point reference from their article:
- Rose Geranium oil is anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and detoxifying. It is regenerative at a cellular level.
- When inhaled or used in massage applications, it’s effective at addressing premenstrual symptoms like abdominal cramps or sore breasts and menopausal symptoms like hormonal imbalances.
- Rose geranium balances emotions and relieves anxiety.
- Rose geranium is remarkably effective against Candida albicans and other fungi. It has the ability to act against yeasts without affecting bacterial flora.
- Rose geranium oil also stimulates the lymphatic system and acts as a diuretic to help correct and balance the elimination of water and waste in our bodies. Its detoxifying effect helps keep your immune system in tiptop shape.
Sounds kind of magical, right? That's the thing with natural products and ingredients, they're so pure in form that they are able to give you a multitude of benefits.
Our favorite way to use Rose Geranium oil? As a facial oil, obviously. Our pick is Rose & Geranium Radiance Serum from Pretty Organic Cosmetics. This potent serum contains nutrient rich pomegranate oil and rose essential oil to restore elasticity and radiance to tired and lackluster complexions. Palmarosa and rose geranium soothe and nurture the skin back to a healthy, youthful glow. Pretty makes all of their products without parabens, phthalates, sulfates, formaldehyde, petrolatum, BHT/BHA, triclosan, coal tar, DEA, silicones, and synthetics. The ingredients they do use are completely biodegradable, organic or derived from sustainably wild-harvested sources. Nothing fake, nothing toxic, and never tested on animals. These small batch made products are made with "quality over quantity" in mind.
Being able to feel just as good about a product as it makes you look is a double win in our book.